Air Operated Bladder Valve Applications
View more information on different types of air operated bladder valves.
An air operated bladder valve can be used in endless different industries and types of applications successfully. Below is just a taster of examples where a bladder valve can be used…
Tanker filling at a quarry
- Water pumping for Thames Water
- Controlling the flow of nickel pellets to a weigh machine.
- Water bladder valves
- SAP recycling systems
- Food waste recycling
- Mixing processes
- Bulk handling in silo’s with bladder valves
- Manufacturers of edible icings, fillings & toppings
- Sand blasting machines
- Bladder valves placed in caustic soda lines
- Monitoring the pressure of high vicious slurries
Air Operated Bladder Valve media examples:
- Abrasive sand
- Salt water
- Hydrated Lime
- Potable water
- Oil based salmon
- Compressed air
- Slurry of aluminium oxide
- Sodium carbonate powder
- Powdered Sulphuric Acid & Ethyl Acetate
- Plastic pellets
- Animal remains
- Silica sand
- Polypropylene resin
For a more detailed list of suitable industries, applications and media for air operated bladder valves showing images of the valves in use, visit pinch valve applications.
Air Operated Bladder Valve Cases:
- An air operated bladder valve to close a 12mm nylon air-line for a short period, then when the pressure is released allow air to be evacuated through the bladder valve by a small vacuum generator, with the minimum flow restriction.
- Air operated bladder valves controlling flow of slurry (powders: tungsten carbide, cobalt acetate & methanol) from large container to vibration feed tray.
- Latex composed of Styrene Butadiene with powder fillers. Fluid is made into a foam by the addition of air and whisking prior to location of air operated bladder valve in a continuous process.
- Air operated bladder valves conveying plastic powder being carried from large hopper to bag filling.
- Tailings thickener underflow slurry – Abrasive slurry. Maximum particle size 0.5mm. 55% solids by weight (solids SG 2.4, water SG 1). 50NB bladder valves will be used for isolation purposes and will normally remain closed. Other air operated bladder valves will be used in throttling applications.
- Abrasive water jet cutting machine. 80 mesh garnet, flowing at a rate of 500 g per minute, pushed along with compressed air.
- Air operated bladder valves used in food plant. Products will vary from soup at 90 deg to mayonnaise to chicken tikka salad so viscosity from 5cp to 1000cps.
If you are unsure whether or not an air operated bladder valve would be most suited to your application, no matter how aggressive the media is, please get in touch with our sales team who will be happy to discuss your needs.