The Process Engineer from a wastewater company got in touch with AKO UK about an application involving recycling astroturf media, and were interested in air operated pinch valves for the process. They were looking to use a pinch valve to simplify the separation of a combination of sand, rubber and lightweight media such as blades of grass from various liquids on one of their upper flow classification units.
The key requirements were –
- The pinch valve needed to close/constrict uniformly around the sleeve and not from just two sides.
- They wanted the pinch valve to have a full bore opening.
- Suitable for 3 inch pipe.
- Throughout material was to be a non chemical sandy material with rubber gravity fed from 2m high tank.
- Very low temperature, ambient.